Just a note to let all our loved ones know that we made it to Greece safely... We had a wonderful early Christmas with our families and a...uh...well lets say an interesting Christmas in the sky. After being stuck in Rome our trip ended up being 30+ hours. When we finally made it to Athens we settled in to our beautiful apartment and slept in till almost noon ha ha woops. The chaos was worth it when I sat on my new balcony in a T-shirt & basketball shorts, the sun beating down on my face & fresh air filling my lungs. It gave me another peaceful moment to yet again remember how grateful I am for my wonderful husband and appreciate how hard he works to make our lives great. Thanks babe for doing what you do & letting me be a small part of it:)
With the new year approaching and the fact that I have spent many hours sitting at the airport...I have had some time to reflect and its crazy to look back at how much has happened in the last 12 months, here's just a few highlights of our adventures...I finished my final season of volley ball ever-WEIRD-loved every sweaty second of it, had a new job come & is now gone (man I miss those cute girls!), we had a bunch of amazing chances to talk to youth & church groups all over-that has added so much to our lives, we had some wonderful callings & learned so much, had lots of great games with the Aggies that led to a story book senior season, Gary was blessed to be able to receive a ton of awards which led to many more and great opportunities, we both GRADUATED...HURRAY, moved to Vegas, bought a house in good ol' L-town, Gary was the only rookie drafted to the KBL, we moved to Korea and yet again moved to another gorgeous country called Greece... WHEW, and those were just the highlights.
Anyway, it's been a crazy-beautiful whirl wind of a year and none of it would mean a thing without 1st and foremost our savior Jesus Christ and the gospel. Also, what fun would any of these adventures be without our amazing family & friends? We love you all and hope that as this Holiday season comes to an end and a new year approaches, that you can take a second and look at how blessed we all are in these uncertain times. We have so much to be grateful for as we reflect back on our past and have so much to look forward to in the new year to come.
Hope you all had a very Merry CHRISTmas & enjoy a Happy New Year!
P.S. I know that I still need to post Christmas & Greece pics, they are coming:)
At Home or At Play
4 years ago




2 comments:
I love hearing about all your adventures. You guys will be greatly missed! Have fun.
Oh man how lucky you are to be in Greece... i have always wanted to go there, esp after seeing Mama Mia haha i bet it's gorgeous. I can't wait to see pics and hear more about it. I am also very happy that i get to hear about you guys' many amazing adventures hooray for the blogging world. Good luck with everything. love you guys. tell gary hey! and thank you for always being such amazing examples. I always looked up to you petey! You are an amazing person!
Post a Comment