
In the last post I indicated I would post my 30 days of Gratitude at the end of the month. Even if any of you cared by that point, or at all (does anybody read this thing anymore?) I decided that it would be better to just do it week by week so here goes.
Nov. 1
I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, literally "The good news". I am grateful for the foundation I have allowed the Gospel to become in my life, I say allow because it does require action. Though I obviously have much to work on and I need to have more initiative when it comes to taking action in developing my knowledge & testimony...the GOOD NEWS is that learning, growing and even falling your face every once in a while is part of what the Church Of Jesus Christ and the Gospel is all about and makes it possible or me to have such a full life!
Nov. 2
I am grateful that Gary got a good contract this year. Contrary to what everyone thinks, the life of a professional basketball player and his family isn't always ideal and can be really fickle. Even with research into a team, good advice from our agent, and of course prayer and pondering...you really never know what basketball will bring every year. I am not complaining, we have a wonderful life and have seen amazing things that before I only dreamed of ever seeing. At the same time it can be a hard way to live, Gary is gone probably 50% of the time and when your family and friends are an ocean away, well you learn what your made of. I am rambling now, but point is I am grateful that we have a comfortable apartment, the nicest team & basketball family we have ever had hands down (with the exception of college), a church that we can walk to where the members are sincere and strong. I am grateful for the beauty around me here and the fact that Gary's hard work has given us options. The option that out of a few offers elsewhere, we could be here in New Zealand at this time in our lives and the fact that I know without a doubt we are in the right place at the right time.
Nov. 3
This one is simple...I am grateful that the main language used here is ENGLISH :)
After Korean & Greek, which are both great but lets be honest...I could only mentally retain enough to get around a little bit, I am happy to be able to read things, go places and make new friends a bit easier here. It has also made it a lot easier on Gary since his coaches and team mates speak English too!
Nov. 4
I am grateful for music. Music that makes your work-out seem to go a little bit faster or that one song that can really get you going during a tough run. I love to dance and therefore love any song that I can get my groove on to. I am especially grateful for music that brings that tangible spirit in my heart, you know what I mean...it doesn't have to be "church music" necessarily for me, just good/clean music that helps me to feel the Lord and his love in my life. (which reminds me I need to post about our 1st week of church here at the Tongan ward, their hymns...AMAZING)
Nov. 5
I am grateful for good friends at home and abroad. I am terrible at keeping in touch and our life style right now makes it hard for people to even try to be good friends to us...yet, I still have some :) Thank you to those out there that still try & do keep us in the loop and include us in your lives. Especially thank you for being the kind of friends where we can pick up right where we left off, cause we got to pick up and go off quite a bit ha ha.
Nov. 6
I am grateful for the postal system. In a time where, email-texts-social networks-etc. are taking over and the majority of people don't remember the last time they hand wrote a letter, I am grateful for the people that still do. Seeing my mothers handwriting on a package all the way from the states brings the biggest smile on my face and reminds me of how LOVED I am. Even though overseas or U.S. mail isn't always perfect and you might not always get your "snail mail", you have no idea what getting a package/card/letter from home means! A big thanks to all of you that take the time to do this!
Nov. 7
On this day I was grateful for my hubby's safe travel. The Breakers (his bball team) is the only team on the island, that requires Gary to fly to Australia pretty much once a week. Every time I pick him up from the airport or the gym, its the best feeling. Whether its a 2 day road trip or a month apart...having your loved one back in your arms is priceless, safe, and wonderful!
Well I guess that's it for week one :) Thanks for reading




2 comments:
I read your blog faithfully!!!
I love this list. You are such a spiritual, inspired person and I love the way your word your feelings. You're an example to me!
Love ya girly!
I love you Jessica, you brightened my day today. What a great post. PS I love the slam dunk video you posted...Awesome! Speaking of snail mail, can I get your address to send a Christmas card to you guys? :)
Post a Comment