Soft and sweet,
a bundle of joy.
This mommy to be is expecting a
* BOY *
From the beginning I felt like it was a little man, Gary felt the same way. It really didn't matter to us, but who doesn't love being "right"...right? When we first went in the tech said, uh oh-if you were wanting to find out the gender-the umbilical cord is right between its legs, but I still think its a boy. I thought to myself...oh man our little baby is already wanting to be just like it's buddy, baby Carroll who is also cooking away inside of my friend Baylee. The Carroll's were told that they were having a boy at 1st, but the cord was also between its legs...a few weeks later they were told it was definitely a girl.
Thankfully baby Wilkinson, who already has a handful of nick names by the way, they include Baby Wilk, B-dub & Neo...anyway. He decided to be a good little guy and by the end of the ultrasound he turned over and got his cord out of the way. The tech then said, yeah that's above a 90 percenter, he is all boy!!! Gary threw is fist in the air and said !YES! as if he had won the WAC championship all over again or something, it was pretty cute. I couldn't stop smiling and felt my eyes get a little wet...it was truly a magical, Christmas miracle. We were on cloud nine. We immediately went to the crazy, packed mall even though it was Christmas Eve to get some baby Jordan's, sadly they didn't have any. So we settled for some cute little boy shoes and hung them on the tree when we got home :)
Not the best pic, but you get the ideaWe had the advantage of being almost 24 hours ahead of Utah time, so I quickly got a hold of my brother Spencer & my sister in law Cassie. I let them in on the fact that they were going to have a nephew. They were the best little elves ever and went out and got "boy stuff" to wrap up for me and Gary's parents to open on Christmas. Our parent's didn't know that we were able to get a last minute ultrasound and they thought that they had to wait till the 17th of Jan to find out. It was awesome when they opened the gifts, they and our families were all so happy. It truly was magical. If they get that excited over a pair of little blue shoes, I can't wait to see them with my actual child! I will have to post pics when my family can get them to me.
Anyway now you know. We just can't get over how lucky we are. My heart is full & my excitement...overwhelming! Feel free to throw any boy names our way, we are at a loss, boys are hard! Until next time, Cheers :)

8 comments:
I am soooo excited!Wahoo for the Wilkinsons. You two are going to be awesome parents :) Love you guys!
Congrats you two!! Little Jordans are hard to find but check online. We too had the hardest time picking a boy name, best of luck :)
Ah that so exciting!!! I'm so happy for you Petey and Gary!! I hope your pregnancy goes well :)
I guessed the wrong 50%. Congratulations!
WOO HOOO how exciting. I bet that was a great present for them to open for Christmas. I'm not much help with the names. Boys are harder to me than girls. Plus now that we have done apostle names we figure we better stay with the mold. Feel free to take any of our boys names, I still love them. Andrew, Luke, and Jacob. I'm thinking Jonathan for this one but who knows, we always have to see them before we decide. Ohh Jessica I'm so excited for you. Good luck!
Yay! I bet he has red hair and is tall just like his papa. I guessed a girl. But I think a boy is better. I really hope we have a boy first! Congratulations!!! Miss you guys.
How fun!! I am so excited for you Petey! This little boy is going to be so handsome! I guessed from the beginning a boy, so you're right, it is fun to be right :) I just wish I could give you a big hug! Congratulations! I can just see Gary giving a good fist pump when he found out! What fun!
I am so happy for you guys!! That is so exciting. He is going to be one cute little guy:)
Post a Comment