Baby Wilkinson
Born March 31, 2011
5:57 AM (New Zealand Time)
5.2 Pounds 16.7 Inches
Like we have a name yet, we are still trying to grasp the fact
that we have a kid outside of the womb!
that we have a kid outside of the womb!
We are elated to have our little man here with us!!! But I have to admit, I was not/am not too crazy about the way he decided to make his grand entrance. After a few good hours of what I thought to be a serious case of some Braxton Hicks contractions, I was proven wrong by waking up to what I now know was my water breaking (As if I shouldn't have known then, serious denial!). But I did know that I needed to get to the hospital and QUICK! So basically the whole time I thought I was just being a whimp, I was really having premature labor symtoms. Since I was suppose to have atleast 8 weeks to go and all, including a very long plane ride home, preterm labor never crossed my mind.
THANK HEAVENS GARY WASN'T ON THE ROAD!
I don't know what I would have done had he been gone. The 3 of us are doing great, especially considering how aweful it could have turned out with the little man deciding to come so early. He (we) will obviously be in the hospital for awhile just to make sure everything is really as well as it seems. Thats all I have time to update for now. I will have to post pics when we are able to get home, its not letting me load them here at the hospital. For now you will have to settle for this photo, it really doesn't do my handsome little one justice though.
Sorry I couldn't resist...most of you had me figured out by the second sentence anyway...boy oh boy I hope this isn't encouraging some bad karma!
P.S. I will still consider my baby to be "Kiwi" even when he is born in America, after all he was cooked here & I hope he is just like the bright, smiley people of New Zealand :)





8 comments:
OH my word, you totally had be going! I always fall for April Fool's day jokes, because I am just not used to them. I have to admit that was a good one...but I am glad that your baby is still inside you growing stronger.
You stinker!!!
Whoa you totally got me! I shouted out, "WHAT!" Silly girl. Can't wait to see that little kiwi anyway!
Yeah... I totally fell for it!
Okay, I was so bugged! I can't believe it!! That was good. I even had a girl at work fooled with me!!! he he! Well, you better make it back for that baby to be born here!
totally not funny petey!!
Not funny...I totally totally fell for it! Fheww thank goodness that was april fools! haha Good luck on the real thing whenever it happens for you FOR REAL. :) Miss you guys!
Hey! I got your comment asking for my address. Would you give me a phone number and I could text you the address? Or you can just get my mom's address from your mom and send it there and I will get it when I go up for a weekend visit. Thanks! :)
Post a Comment