The tsunami hit where I am at about about 7:30 this morning, my time. The alert system said that they would come knock on our doors if there was a reason to evacuate. I didn't even know for sure when it hit till I woke up so that should tell you how minimal it was here at least compared to what you have probably seen on the news (I didn't hear the sirens or anything, but I was pretty tired ha ha). I really want to go down to the beach to see the extent of the damage for myself but as we are still on "alert", I probably will just hang out at the apartment or do my shopping just so Gary doesn't worry.
The map above is where the tsunami has hit NZ thus far. Our area is one that is shaded in blue (the "blob" of clustered blue near the neck of the upper island) which means "threat to beach, harbors, estuaries & small boats." They say we will keep getting "wave surges" over the next 24 hours. They start out smaller at first and then hit their apex, after which they then will begin to taper off. Gary said where he is in Townsville-Australia, that things seem to be business as usual as well. So considering all the crazy things that have happened since we have got here between minors dying, earth quakes, floods & cyclones...we have been pretty darn lucky. It is so hard to watch the people around us be affected so much though. Many, Many Kiwis are in Japan teaching english and such so many people here are trying to find out if their families are ok.
I can't help but to think that this end of the world is being hit so hard because they are being prepared for something by the Lord. It makes you realize what a bubble we live in out in Utah and how much goes on without us thinking twice about it. I am sure we will have our turn, they have been predicting big quakes in Utah for years. It just gets you thinking...
Anyway this is turning into a novel...just know we are fine. The sun is shining and the most I have to complain about is a sinus cold ha ha. In the big scheme of things it kind of seems stupid to even mention, right?
P.S. *BABY ALERT*
I am currently 28 weeks along or 7 months for those that don't speak "pregnant" ha ha. At the last appointment little B-dub was measuring in the 90th percentile, ha ha he must be ours :) As of this very second it looks like I will either be flying home on May 3rd or May 7th, most likely with Gary & not by myself like we thought. Its either fly by myself at 34 weeks (Around April 20th) or wait and go with him at 36 weeks with these later dates. I don't mind flying by myself at all...been there, done that. But I am more adamant about staying together, if this baby decides to come in NZ or America, or on the plane ha ha JK...I don't care, but I care if we are apart. So I think I finally got the doc on board to let me go at around 36 weeks instead of 34, but any later than 36 then the airlines wont even let me board the plane. We need to work out some things with our visas and will have to really just wait and see what unfolds. We have at this moment decided not to play in the N.Z. league or the league in Porto Rico this summer so the baby "should" be born in America. Anyway, that's the closest thing I have to a time table at this point.
Thanks friends for all your help and advice with the pregnancy thus far, you know who you are and I love you always for being there for me! :)

I have definitely been doubling in size almost weekly...I truly just "popped" one day, I love it. It means that he is doing what he is suppose to...growing! :)




4 comments:
yay for updates!! you look so CUTE!!!! I love your little belly! ps I guess I have a blog??? I have no idea what I am doing! haha
Jess You are so stinkin' cute! Your gonna love all the pics you have taken to document your pregnancy! They are super cute... Glad to see you are safe too!
So glad you are all safe there in New Zealand!
You are probably one of the cutest little pregnant ladies I have ever seen. Good luck in this last little stretch, it's kinda the worst, but so worth it!
You keep getting more cute as you get pregnant!! I hope that I am the same when I get pregnant. I am gald you are safe and that everything is going well!! you are awesome Petey and I wis you the best with the pregnancy,
Post a Comment